Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

A quick 'hello'

I won't keep you long, but I figured I'd explain why I'm here. 

I'm Kara, and I am employed by the United States Army.  This means I wear an unflattering uniform and pull my hair back into a spinster bun most days of the week.  I'm pretty sure this is what fuels my passion for nail polish.  I was looking for something to help feminize me up on the weekends, since my civilian clothes mostly consist of jeans, t-shirts, and plaid (it turns out, I just look plain good in plaid), and it seemed like nail polish was the perfect fun accessory.

Nail polish, to me, screams GIRL!  There's an endless amount of looks you can achieve or supplement with nail polish.  For example, there are girly pastels and pale pinks when you are going for a pretty look.  Or, if you are feeling sassy, you have bolder, brighter colors that come into play.  Then, there are shades that just seem to go really well with different seasons: burgundy always reminds me of fall, and reds get a lot of use around December for me.  I love that I can grab a color and be matchy-matchy with my outfit, or I can put a little more thought into it and choose a contrasting-yet-complementary color to add a little unexpected flair.

Anyway, that's where I'm coming from, and I'm sure there are other women out there who can relate.  I know I'm not the only one who enjoys getting gussied up on the weekends.  I also genuinely enjoy sharing and discussing nail polish finds, so please don't hesitate to share your own thoughts and experiences!

0 comments:

Post a Comment