Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

'Nidhi' & 'Rica' by Zoya

I mentioned a few posts ago that I was waiting for a few shades from a particular brand I've been wanting to try for awhile.  Well, they came!  Below are the first two from the haul I ordered from Zoya's Summer Flashback FLOGO Sale (which I learned of through All Lacquered Up).  I see Zoya all over the internet and Instagram, but have never come across it myself in real life.  Upon reading about the brand, I learned that I had never seen it in stores, because they can only be found in spas, nail salons, and resorts.  And I don't frequent any of those places.

You learn something new each day.

First up:


How: Two coats of Zoya's 'Nidhi' and one coat of Insta-Dri Clearly Quick.

Verdict: I liked this shade of red, but felt the finish was a bit dull, even with the aid of a clear topcoat. However, I did like the shiny metallic flecks of gold (and pink?), which added an interesting look, despite finishing up rather dull.  Another con to this one is that I had to keep retouching it, as it chipped several times in the first 24 hours of wear.


How: Three coats of Zoya's 'Rica' and one coat of Insta-Dri Clearly Quick.

Verdict: This color is really fun to look at!  So much metallic goodness over a beautiful coral/pink.  It definitely feels summery.  I can't speak to whether it chips easily or not, though, because I've only been wearing it for about an hour.

All in all, I like the Zoya polishes, although I wish I'd ordered more of a variety of shades and finishes.  You'll see in my next Zoya post that the other two colors I ordered are also metallic (such a messy, glittery cleanup!), and I stuck to the red, orange, and coral/pink families, whereas I probably should've checked out some of their "cooler" colors, like blues, greens, and purples.  I will say, Zoya has pretty good brushes, which is always my favorite feature in a nail polish.  Although I was only able to coat about 1/3 of each nail with each swipe, the bristles were such that they allowed a good, even, clean coat of color, and I didn't even get too messy around the sides of my fingers and my cuticles!  Maybe that's from having more practice, but I like to give credit to a good brush whenever I can.

Stay tuned for the next two Zoya colors I ordered, and a bonus comparison between the orange color from Zoya and an orange from Sally Hansen's Diamond series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment