Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Orangefest 2013

Okay, I'm trying like crazy to get all my vacation swatches up.  One theme I noticed while I was back home visiting family was that the orange-lover in me shone through pretty predominantly.  I've been on a real orange kick as of late, so I thought I'd put up a sampling of my newest orange shades.


How: Two coats of Covergirl 'Orange Oasis' and one coat of Insta-Dri Clearly Quick.

Verdict: I found that I had to keep twisting the brush back onto the bottle and giving it a good shake, because it seemed to get thick and clumpy on the brush after a nail-and-a-half.  However, I really dug the finish and could've done without the top coat, as the Glosstini line this summer is actually just as advertised: glossy.  Orange Oasis is a super fun and playful shade of orange, and I kinda wish I hadn't given it to my sister before I left California.  Sometimes it's good to share the wealth, though, right?  

Taken in sunlight, shows golden-orange.

Taken with flash, shows the reddish orange.

How: Two coats of Ozotic '730' with one coat of topcoat.  Went on super smoothly, although the metallic nature of the formula can show brush strokes.

Verdict: I SUPER dig this shade.  It's another one I just kept looking at, moving my hand around to see the different colors.  I'd like to try it over white or black the next time I wear it.

Taken in sunlight.

How: Two coats of Dance Legend 'Papaya' and one coat of Seche Vite topcoat (finally broke down and bought Seche Vite!).

Verdict: This nail polish is SO MUCH FUN.  I really wanted the darker orange version of this, called 'Pitaya,' but the vendor was out at the time, and I simply couldn't wait any longer to try this stuff.  The orange was super bright, like traffic cone bright, but I didn't feel like a walking Halloween display, so that was a plus.  An even better plus was the glitter: SO EASY to get good coverage.  No fishing required.  I wish all glitter polishes were this easy to apply.

One thing is for sure: I need... more... orange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment