Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Journey for 2015

According to Blogger, I haven't published anything on this blog since August 2013.  Whoa.  I sure shrugged off blogging for a looong time.  This does not mean I backed off on the collecting of polishes, though.  Id' love to return to blogging in 2015, as it should be a pretty big year of change for me all around.  I plan on separating from the Army, moving to a new state, finding a new job while looking at options of returning to school for a few additional degrees (am I crazy?), and who knows what else will happen between now and next Christmas?

I do know that this is when I finally get serious about my collection.  I want to be more intentional about what is taking up space in my home and make room for more carefully selected unique polishes, which isn't to say that I won't be keeping commercial polishes. For the last couple days, I've been going through my reds and swatching and wearing a new one each day, adding some sort of glitter or topper to spice things up and serve as an extend-a-mani along the way.  Four polishes in, and I've already made a couple tough culling choices, which puts me at a 50% attrition rate, which I like.  Gives me hope that I'll be able to make a sizable dent in this collection this year!

The first two battle losses are Julep Jackie and Crow's Toes Hell Hath No Fury.  Jackie is an adorably squishy red with a somewhat thick and goopy formula, although it still evened out pretty easily.  In fact, I found the finish positively lovely, but I'm letting her go in favor of Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi (which I wore to rep Ohio State in the OSU v Bama game on 01JAN15, and then topped with Black Cat Lacquer Holiday in Cambodia [boyfriend recommended and approved!] the next day... sorry, no photos), since I found them similar enough in color, yet Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi was a bit easier to work with in my opinion.  As far as Hell Hath No Fury goes, I truly do love everything that's going on in this glitter from the red hexes, purple-y iridescent hexes, and the orange(!) bar glitter, but this is my third time attempting to use it, and I don't know if I just didn't screw the cap on tightly enough between uses, but I can't seem to get it to lay nicely on my nail.  Some nails finish smoothly while others wind up with glitters stacked up on top of each other, and I just lack the patience to sit there and manipulate it properly.  I'm sure it's perfectly fine for some of you out there who are undoubtedly more skilled at application than I, but I think this is the end of the road for Hell Hath No Fury and me.


If you didn't feel like reading through all that gobbledygook up there, the main gist of this post is that I did not dislike either of the polishes I said goodbye to today, but from here on out, Julep Jackie and Crow's Toes Hell Hath No Fury no longer hold spots in my very limited storage space.

Happy belated new year, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment