Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Since I've been gone

I'm back after a month's worth of military training, and methinks I should jump right into the continuation of my nail polish downsizing operation.


I would like to say, before we begin, that training was frustrating and rewarding, and although I got to miss out on the worst of the Alaskan winter while I was away, it's sooo good to be back. Even with the deadly icy roads we have in the Alaska Interior due to it raining a couple days ago and then freezing again. Seriously, worst driving I've ever experienced.

First up since my return from the California desert was OPI Igniting LoveAn easy to apply, fun, bright tomato red. Great coverage, but I added the second coat due to some slight VNL from the first coat. A keeper for now, because even though it's not a terrible exciting shade, I find it quite pleasant and user friendly, so it stays!  


This next one is almost laughable, since, duh, it was a no-brainer even prior to swatching a England Briarwood that it was going to be a keeper.  Such a rich, creamy formula.  This is one of those polishes that I'll stare at all day when it's on, and if the sun is shining?  Forget about it.  Instantly distracted.  That gold shimmer kills me.  Two coats to ensure the most depth possible.


 For no real reason at all, I've decided to gift Black Cat Lacquer Poision Apple.  I think this is 3 coats, which helps to even it out.  I must apologize, as I have still yet to replace the batteries on my Nikon, and taking photos with my Samsung is obnoxious, so I just don't bother with multiple angles or anything extra.  My main goal is always to just take a relatively un-blurry photo and call it good.  So, with that being explained, I should tell you that Poison Apple is a thermal, and this black cherry color you see here is the polish in its cool state.  I watched it turn into a lovely lighter red while I was washing dishes in warm water.  Hopefully, my friend who claimed my Non-Keeper reds enjoys it and is pleasantly surprised by its thermal switch when I send those her way.


Here we have China Glaze Go Crazy Red.  Looks a little dull in my pictures, but I assure you, it is not.  There's a shimmery quality to it that's not overbearing, but is just enough to make it interesting.  I like to wear this on Ohio State football game days, because I feel like it's perfect for that.  If I take my time, I can get it looking nice in one coat, but I generally like doing two coats for everything.  I think it makes me perceive it to be more durable.  Keeper!


 Laquerlicious (now Polish 'M) Merry & Bright is another keeper.  I love to watch those glitters pop in the light.  Two coats shown.


Laquerlicious Reindeer Games.  Okay, I am awful at picking up the fun glitters in polishes like this, but I love it nonetheless.  Makes the rare fun shapes very... rewarding, haha.  Two coats here.  Another keeper.


Milani Iced Mango is what I'm wearing right now, and I don't want to take it off anytime soon.  Alas, other reds are waiting to be swatched.  I bought Iced Mango when I bought my truck last year.  My truck is the first brand new vehicle I've ever bought with my own money... er, am buying with my own money.  I love the color, because it's difficult to decide whether it's red, orange, rusty, or the non-committal red-orange.  I'm going with red-orange.  That icy silver shimmer is what really sells it to me and makes it irresistible.  Two coats.  Keeper, for sure.


Whew!  That took a minute to throw together, and I hope you made it this far.  Hopefully, I'll be a little more consistent in my posting now that I'm home again.  Oh!  And I just checked my Keeper Stash and decided that Igniting Love can replace Nicole by OPI Kourt Is Red-y For A Pedi (not swatched here).  It was still a little difficult to let it go, but since the two were so similar, it made the task a tiny bit easier, so hooray for downsizing!  This is exactly what I'd hoped would happen through this process.

'Til next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment