Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Zoya Reds

If you're wondering how I've been able to post twice in one week, whereas I have consistently neglected the heck out of this blog over the last year or so, the reason is this: dental surgery.  Yep.  I had a tooth extracted in August '14, and I went in for a bone graft and implant this past Monday, so I got a few days off of work.  To say I was delighted to chill at home with my messed up mouth and play with nail polish would be an understatement.  I go back to work tomorrow, and I'm so sad.  But, work is what adults do, so... there's that.  

I decided to lump my two red Zoya nail polishes into one post, because I feel like that gives it a more cohesive theme, instead of just tossing random brands together, all willy-nilly like.  So, let's take a look at these two lovelies.

I'll start with my unforeseen favorite, Zoya Colbie (which, oddly enough, I can't locate on Zoya's website).  Colbie is a rich, velvety burgundy that has that deep red-on-red shimmer that gives it a beautiful glowing from within quality.  I don't reach for Colbie very often, and I can't really think of any outfits I'd intentionally want to match her with, but believe me when I say I looove her crushed velvet look.


The other red Zoya I rocked this week was the spunky Zoya Nidhi.  Nidhi is a fire engine red with a subtle shimmer... which I totally just regurgitated from Zoya's website, but it's true, so there's the description.  Unfortunately, there wasn't much natural sunlight to bring forth Nidhi's true beauty today, but she's still sparkly indoors, nonetheless.  I apologize in advance for my less-than-stellar picture of her.  The only issue I would note is that the color began receding from my tips within an hour or two.  Don't know why, as I didthe same basecoat + color + KB Shimmer Clearly On Top Quick Dry Top Coat routine as I always do (protects my paint jobs better than anything else I've ever used, so it's a definite staple in my stash).  If I recall correctly, I've had this issue with Nidhi in the past.  It's not the worst thing in the world, and it's definitely not a deal breaker, but you gotta remember that I'm looking for reasons to downsize, so as much as it pains me to do it, I might be adding Nidhi to the giveaway pile.  Eek! 


So, that's one keeper, one giveaway this time around.  I don't know what it is about Zoyas, but I find it so difficult to get rid of them.  I think it's the fact that they all have women's names, so it's almost like you're giving up a good friend, haha.  No?  Just me?  Okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment